DWNI is made up of giving, caring individuals with the common goal of seeing Downtown West Newton thrive and prosper. All of the activities are possible because of donated time and resources. Volunteers are always needed for each of the committees and the projects the committees are handling. Please lend a helping hand or donate services or goods and be a part of the success!
Simeral Square Committee
Meets First Wednesdays, 6:30 pm, DWNI Office (201 East Main St.) and works on these projects/activities:
- Simeral Square Development– Coordinate plans to construct Simeral Square, a downtown riverfront park
Promotions Committee: Meets every Tuesday at 6:30 pm at the DWNI office and works on these projects/activities:
- Public Relations– Communicate activities and events to community, regional partners and potential visitors through the media, ads, web site, promotional materials, etc.
- Fundraising Activities– Coordinate membership drive, awareness items sales, raffles, the MVI Golf Outing and other activities to raise funds for the organization
- Special Events– Coordinate quarterly special events such as the Miracle on Main Street
Development Committee: Meets Second Wednesdays, 6:30 pm at the DWNI office and works on these projects/activities:
- Streetscape– Coordinate streetscape design projects such as plantings and cleanups; parking, signage and traffic flow; and administer the Facade Grant Program.
- Properties/Business Support & Marketing– Coordinate efforts to fill vacancies, market downtown to prospective property investors; support businesses to encourage tourism and investments.
If you can’t volunteer on a committee, there are many other ways to get involved in DWNI projects and contribute to the success and development of West Newton:
Become a Member
When you join DWNI, your membership donation is applied to operating and project costs. These projects are designed to attract new business into the targeted downtown area and ensure the continued success of those business already in the area.
Donate to DWNI
Donations can come in many forms. All donations are greatly appreciated and very valuable to the continued success of this organization and the community. Please click here for more information on how to make a donation.
Support our fundraisers
DWNI holds many fundraising activities throughout the year, including dinners, items sales, raffles, etc. When you purchase an item or attend an event, you are helping to support DWNI. These events, along with our annual membership drive, support the organizations projects and promotions for the downtown area.
Businesses, civic groups and individuals can sponsor activities or events through a one-time pledge form. You or your organization will be named on promotions as sponsors or co-sponsors of specific events. To receive a sponsorship pledge card email us at email@example.com
Annual Membership Drive
The Annual DWNI Membership Drive begins in January. Most households in West Newton and previous contributors will receive a packet in the mail with pledge card. Please consider becoming a member and volunteer for a committee. If you do not receive a packet by early February, you may request one by calling (724) 872-0100 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
DWNI relies on its annual membership drive, matching public grants and corporate and civic sponsorships for operating and projects costs. We have an aggressive schedule in place to ensure that we reach our goals. If you would like to help West Newton succeed and prosper, please join us. Together we will make it happen.
Membership applications are available at any time and from any DWNI member or by calling 724-872-0100